Nominations for Elected Board Members for Playgroup NSW Inc. open from Wednesday 5 September 2018. There are four (4) Elected Board Member positions to be filled.
Elections will be conducted and announcements made at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 7 November 2018, in Sydney.
The next couple of years promise to be exciting for Playgroup NSW. The organisation will be expanding its work to support children and their families to come together for playgroups and other activities that promote early childhood development and build connections between families and in communities. The Board of Management plays a central role in guiding this important work.
• Nominees must be a current member of Playgroup NSW, with a minimum of six months membership prior to nomination.
• Members who reside in regional areas of NSW are strongly encouraged to nominate.
• Professional experience in law, risk, corporate sponsorship, human resources or expertise in early childhood development would be beneficial.
• Nominees will preferably have knowledge of corporate governance, with experience serving on or working with a Board, but this is not essential.
• Board Members’ terms are usually for three years.
• There are four (4) Elected Board Member positions to be filled, in line with our Constitution.
• The Playgroup NSW Board supports a culture of diversity and inclusion. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to nominate.
• Nominations close at 5pm on Wednesday 26 September, 2018.
What is involved in being on the Playgroup NSW Board?
• A commitment to attend and participate in a three-hour Board meeting in Sydney CBD every 6 weeks – preferably in person, however teleconference facilities are available. Board meetings are held generally out of school holidays and childcare is available if needed.
• Preparation time to read, consider, and prepare questions relating to all Board papers and other documentation prior to meetings.
• Participation in sub-committees, the Board's annual strategy day and other occasional support to the organisation if required
• Being a Board Member is a voluntary role. Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses incurred while carrying out Board duties can be reimbursed.
Click for a nomination form
Click for information about the Annual General Meeting